Set-Up Your GoDaddy eMail
Use an eMail Program (not webmail)
Most people don't use Internet Explorer, nor any web browser to send and receive eMail (i.e. Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, MSN, AOL). You should be using a program that is designed exclusively for eMail. On Windows, the standard eMail program is Outlook Express (download the latest version at download.com). The best eMail software is a program called Mail by Apple (Mac only).
Using eMail with Outlook Express
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express to work with your eMail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook Express. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Setup Your eMail Account
in Microsoft Outlook Express
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, select Tools > Accounts.
2. Select the "Mail" tab in the Internet Accounts window and click "Add."
3. Enter your name and click Next.
4. Enter your eMail address and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Server Names window, enter your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
6. Enter your eMail address for your account name and enter your password. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.
8. Select the mail account you just created and click "Properties."
9. In the Properties window, select the Servers tab.
10. At the bottom of the window, select: "My server requires authentication."
11. Select the "Advanced" tab and change the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" server port number to 80. Click OK.
Test Your New eMail (send+receive)
After your eMail program is set-up, you can get your eMail automatically without ever needing to login again. You can also set-up multiple accounts in an eMail program. I have about 20 eMail accounts running at the same time that check for new eMail every 15 minutes and it dings when I receive new eMail. I think one must still 'switch between accounts' in Microsoft's Outlook Express because you can only see one account at a time.
Auto-responders can forward eMail from one account into another (so you can get all your mail on one account).
If you have any questions, ask email@example.com